6.14.2006

 

Yeah, I'm Gonna Need You to Go Ahead and Come in on Saturday...

According to this McMaster University study (reg.req.) being reported by the Globe and Mail only 62% of Canadians have a regular, 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, work schedule. The article claims that "weekend work is an unsocial schedule that can be disruptive to personal life, affecting leisure time, time for pursuing personal interests, time spent with family and socializing with friends, neighbours and within the community." As if that doesn't suck enough, what the Globe article fails to adequately draw attention to is the gender divide which is the key focus of the McMaster article. I'd also be curious to know more about the generational divide. What's a "regular" work schedule for the lowly beasts just entering the workforce? Regardless of the answer, I think it's important that there's always someone there to make me my latté. No foam please.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home