6.06.2006

 

Welcome to wordcrush

I've started wordcrush, in the spirit of Slashdot, to find and share news for nerds. Specifically, though, I want to share info with that oh-so-neglected breed of nerds, the one that lusts for composition over compiling, grammar over code, cursive over cursors. I speak, of course, of the word nerd. I happen to be one of the English Majoris variety, but I welcome those across the humanities to come on in, grab a cup of coffee, and realize that you haven't just wasted thousands of dollars on your degrees.

Here you'll find articles, essays, and websites that have interesting things to say about some dimension of the world of words (and every postructuralist worth her salt knows it's only a world of words out there). Because there are numerous high-quality, peer-edited journals to take care of the scholarly side of the humanities, I'd like to focus more on "pop culture" stories: articles about things like procrastination, finding jobs, radical thinking, pedagogy, etc. I will also post a small amount of thought provoking artistic stuff, including photography, poetry and fiction. If you find any great stuff that people in the humanities just must see, feel free to send me links, and I'll credit you. Happy trails wordcrush!

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home