6.30.2006
Cohen Strikes Again!
The Cohen interview has started. Greg Burk, the interviewer is one tough cookie, been around for years, knows the music biz, and even admits in the article to having done his " share of embarrassing and destroying." Within minutes, Greg is a pile of goo at Len Len's feet, fawning, doting, and exploring the deep significance of Cohen's iTunes habits: "As it plays, his lips move slightly, following the words of lust and reverence." Oooh Len Len those lips of reverence! You know things are bad when Burk starts using one-word sentences to describe Cohen's new music: "Hypnotic." Word.
Here's the twist, though. It's not Burk's fault. This happens to everyone who interviews Cohen (I talked about the phenomenon awhile back after reading a similarly gushing interview.) I just hope I never meet the suave mofo, because I'm sure that I too would be oohing and aahing in no time, studying his nose picking and throat clearing habits for deeper indications of his inner soul. I jest. To see the man in action is actually quite a remarkable sight. If you don't believe me, check out this ancient CBC interview, where Cohen puts the moves on Adrienne Clarkson, the woman who would go on to become Canada's Governor General among other impressive things.
