6.26.2006
Beer Meets Art
Why, you may ask, do I feature so many articles about New York, when there is an entire world of Kingston just outside my door? Because they do stuff like this in New York -- make classy, illegal, booze-selling installation art on small ignored islands beside places called Dead Horse Bay (reg. req.). Duke Riley, the creator of this masterpiece says, "I just wanted to do a project that was fun, somewhere between art and an excuse just to get a bunch of people together to get drunk out in the middle of nowhere." It's funny, when we did this in high school, nobody was calling it art. Maybe I feature this stuff because in Kingston, when somebody is illegally drinking, it is quite likely in your hallway and they're much more likely to leave urine surprises on your front door.
your features are really decent reads! mind if i link to you? easier than adding it to IE's favourites...
Post a Comment
<< Home

