6.23.2006

 

Article about Ancient Bling Pushes Forward Frontier of Intelligence 100,000 Years and Counting

A long title, perhaps, but worth it. I particularly like the way that this article uses hip new langauge to interest the young kids today in the maybe less-than-hip field of archaeology. Whassah. How you like m'bling cave-dog? This approach reminds me of the superhappenin CBC show The Hour, yo, which also shows that nooz can be cool. It's not all like, Mansbridge shit'n'shit because there's more clippy editing and that homeboy of hippidy hipness, George "Strombo" Stroumboulopoulos, is all like "yo, this is the nooz, dig? I got ear and nose bling, check it." Oh no you di'int G-Stromb! In honour of this trend in the media, I've decided to change my dissertation name to Apocalypse Yo: Da Bombz on the West Side, Yo. I think there's a name for this, but I'm not sure... pandering maybe?

Golden Quote of the Day: "All news shows cover the issues of the day. The Hour covers them in an unconventional way. Whether it’s interviewing Canadians in The Hour’s dubious panel van, setting up the current climate in a political hot zone, or interviewing a past-his-prime rock star in all his spandexed glory, George is there, guiding you seamlessly between politics and pop."

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home