6.11.2006
Philosophy Major Strikes Paydirt!
Okay, so maybe my focus of the following short film is somewhat skewed. I suppose there are some other elements like a heroin addict and God-as-a-DJ, but man it's good to see one educated in the Classic arts get some bank in the pocket. I guess I'm just more interested in texts than metaphysics, but then maybe, according to the film, God holds favor with those who still see value in musing over non-discursive forms of things like Truth and Justice. Maybe the Philosophy major's quest for Truth has given him grace (and bank), while the English major (me) is only left pondering the ambiguities (then again, maybe I perceive God's tricks here; maybe I am, in effect, better than God). Either way, they should definitely start including breakdancing in those "Jobs in the Humanities" days. As a side note, I wonder, do philosophy majors bear an undue burden of society's mockery, or do they relish in the bliss of being above it all?
