2.23.2007
Genius
Feeling a little humbled by these incredible performing prodigies: DDR Kid, Drum Boy, Xylophone Girl, Politics Girl, and, my favourite, Ninja Turtle Kid. What surprises me is not just their ability, which is phenomenal, but also the way they look when performing. It's like they're directed by an external force. Like they're actually in less control of their actions than the average person.
This reminds me of an interesting observation in a novel called Yellowfish, about how when you see a dog walking in a straight line on its own, it looks weirdly like a person. Usually they walk diagonally, or wherever smells take them. Part of what I'm saying is that when I'm writing about myself, I'm walking in a straight, controlled line. The thing about dogs also made me think of Nora the Piano Playing Cat (the lovely lady pictured right). That's genius.
Special Super Extra Secret Bonus: Insane Drum Battle between Buddy Rich and Ed Shaughnessy.
Oh yes... but have you met Otto the cat? Flying high on the wings of his dreams?
http://www.youtube.com/wat
ch?v=ETQ0urHjSIk
Post a Comment
<< Home

