7.21.2006
Hyper Hypo Hour
Well, I've been pilfering weird internet shit for too long, and it's time to clean out my closet. First, turn on your sound and do some exercises with this chickin. His name is Chikin Ramen. I stole him from Douglas Coupland's site, so while we're there, we should also have a look at Drool superstrip, which takes awhile to load, but is pretty. While it's loading find your favourite mp3. Now start it up, and then watch this over and over and over AND OVER. Oh but we're just getting started. Here's a picture of an albino squirrel, and here's a collaborative internetty doohickey which is a gas when people aren't being jerks. Now take a look at these 18 tricks you can play on your body to do everything from de-stressing to improving your hearing. Blow on your thumbs sucka!
What's your favourite sensory overload site? I've been reading a lot of Paul Virilio in the past few days, and he thinks the hyperconcentration of information is a bad thing. I think it's the new modernism, man. Whereas folks like Eliot and Stein tried to decay the world to reveal its pulsating primal energies, I think exposing ourselves to enough of this sensory mayhem may actually ultimately get us to the same kind of place. Pulse. Pulse. Pulse. I can feel new gods being born.
P.S. Oh my god I almost forgot! Here's a picture of one ecstatic Takeru Kobayashi who just edged out American hometown hero Joey Chestnut by eating 53.75 hot dogs in 12 minutes. Chestnut only got through a pathetic 52.
