7.22.2006

 

Circling the Rotting Corpse of Culture

At first when I encountered Culturevulture.net I was all like, "yo, step off biatch." Their mission sounded suspiciously similar to my own, but after reading through the site a bit, I decided that it would be better to share than hoard their wealth of information, even if it does involve some toe stepping. CV proclaims itself "a somewhat haphazard and pronouncedly idiosyncratic sharing of matters cultural." It's tag line is "choices for the cognoscenti." I think it's a shame that they post in an eye bleeding font, but there's some good stuff on there.

P.S. I swear to god I didn't rip off this article on moshing in my STP, even though the first line is nearly identical to mine. Apparently the mosh-pit confessional is a genre now. I hope my explanation was better than David Fear's "lightning in a bottle" theory, but I still feel like a filthy automaton. The book being reviewed, on the other hand, sounds like an unmitigated shitfest: "a failed attempt to view the 'pit' through a sociological lens." I'm not being defensive. You're the one who's being defensive. Shut up.

P.P.S. It's not a nice feeling to meet doppelgängers twice in one afternoon. It's like a doppelgängbang.

Comments:

learn about nice interesting blog -

[url=http://trailfire.com/hoodia] hoodia research [/url]

http://trailfire.com/hoodia
[url=http://trailfire.com/hoodia] hoodia message board [/url]

 

Post a Comment



<< Home