6.18.2006

 

Fat Pockets for Colm Tóibín

"Well, I have to stay sober all day because there's a dinner this evening ... so I'll start drinking about 11 o'clock tonight and I don't know when I'll stop." Those are the words of a true litterateur, Colm Tóibín, who just won the €100,000 (141,909.59 CAD) International Impac Dublin Literary Award. According to the Amazon editorial review Tóibín's prize-winning novel, The Master, is "a fictionalized study [of Henry James], based on many biographical materials and family accounts, of the novelist's interior life from the moment in London in 1895 when James's hope to succeed in the theater rather than on the printed page was eclipsed by the towering success of his younger contemporary Oscar Wilde." Hey! He totally stole my idea! Again this raises the question of when they are going to give me one of these things.

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home